Friday, February 7, 2014

Over the River and Through the Snowpocalypse

Yes, you heard right.  According to Portlanders, we are having a snowpocalypse.  Dramatic, I know.
This snowy reality does actually cause some difficulties in the Portland area. (In my Montanan opinion, this could be helped by actually using de-icing and the snow plows they have sitting someplace.)

I woke up wondering if the treatment center would be open, and if so, could I get to it on the icy roads, and then hoped that my blood counts were high enough to get treatment.  I was really hoping to get the second treatment, which is a strange feeling. Who hopes that ever!  Ha ha.
I got the call saying the center was going to open, so I got into the shower, and that's the moment my hair decided to begin falling out!

When I was a kid, I had a book called "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" and every so often when things aren't going well, and I want to be a little dramatic, I am reminded of this book and repeat Alexander's mantra.  Today felt a bit like that.  Mostly because of the hair though.

Today was a good day overall.  My friend Matt got up early and braved the roads in a 4-wheel drive to pick me up and take me to the doctor.  When we arrived, my friend Sherree was working at the center today and was my nurse, which was such a wonderful surprise and blessing!  I have an awesome, kind, fun, doctor, and the chemist mixing my chemo drugs is my cousin in law!
They are all gifts to me.

So far, I am not feeling too bad and I would like to ask if you could pray specifically:
  • That I do not get nauseas
  • My eyes and vision.  The drugs mess with my focus, and can be blurry.
  • For no migraines and muscle pain
  • Blood platelet levels to increase
  • Stay healthy
  • Sleep
  • One of the drugs causes extreme mood swings.  Please pray this is lessened.
  • One side-effect is that I turn bright-red and get hot.  Please pray this doesn't happen anymore!
Thank you so much for all your support!

With love~Shasta
Steve, me and Sherree

















2 comments:

  1. love you lots!! praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Shasta!!! Praying for comfort and support for you. Kiley blows kisses to you. :)

    ReplyDelete